Computer is slow after Windows 11 22H2 update

Anonymous
2022-09-22T01:06:34+00:00

Hi~

I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.

My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?

Thanks!

  • aj
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T19:41:07+00:00

    Me too! An AT&T tech came out to test the modem and router. The Dell laptop ethernet connection is still more than 50% slower after the upgrade to

    Windows 11 22H2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T03:14:21+00:00

    I had the same slow down experience. In my case, it seemed that the cause was windows search indexer service heavily accessing my hard disk, especially when I cut & paste images on Office documents. By disabling windows search indexer service, my problem was solved. It's easy and worth to try.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-search-indexer/914286d5-9485-49a9-a3df-f9516c9970cd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-18T08:48:47+00:00

    Hello Kim. I installed it on a GO3 in S-mode

    If I had to do it over again, i would wait for a beter version

    The tablet is working, but responses very slow.

    Starting a new page in Edge takes about 3 seconds, but that varies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-18T02:59:41+00:00

    Would it be worth installing update WIndows 11, version 22H2 on Windows Surface Go 3?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments