Hi Stephen,
Download Autoruns from the Microsoft Sysinternals site, and run it as administrator.
In the search box in Autoruns, type the driver file name "wdcsam64".
If wdcsam64.sys appears in the list, right-click and choose Delete.
See also:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
MS Windows Home 10.0.2200 Build 2200
Windows Security showed ‘memory integrity is off’ because of ‘incompatible drivers.’ The driver is wdcsam64.sys (Driver version 1.0.7.2, WD External Storage. No other info given).
There were other incompatible drivers but I successfully uninstalled them using Powershell. Unfortunately wdcsam64.sys does not show up after the Powershell command of pnputil /enum-drivers. So I’m unable to find the oem*inf attribution. So I can’t remove it using Powershell.
I have uninstalled the WD driver in Device manager. The problem persists.
A search reveals the file in ``C:\Windows``\System32\drivers. However I’m not in the habit of just deleting drivers here for obvious reasons. Please advise if it is in fact safe to do so.
Have updated Windows. Fully up to date.
So at the moment I’m unable to remove or update this driver, and therefore cannot turn memory integrity on in Windows Security. You can see that this is a non-trivial security issue that is way disproportional to the everyday action of plugging in an external drive.
In summary:- Windows memory integrity is off.
- unable to turn it on
- cannot update driver
- cannot remove it because it doesn’t show up with the pnputil /enum-drivers command on Powershell.
- reluctant just to delete it from %system32\drivers
Any advice or suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Stephen,
Download Autoruns from the Microsoft Sysinternals site, and run it as administrator.
In the search box in Autoruns, type the driver file name "wdcsam64".
If wdcsam64.sys appears in the list, right-click and choose Delete.
See also:
Hi Stephen,
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Open Command Prompt as administrator and run this command
dism /online /get-drivers /format:table
Does that list that driver to find the oem*inf attribution
OEM25.INF is for that specific system. The OEM## will be different on your computer. Suggest posting a new question for the issue you're facing.
I deleted OEM25.inf but that didn't help and now I don't have that driver any longer. Do I need it in Windows 11?
Brotherman similar issue but I don't want to mess anything up, quick refresher on how you run a cmd? this is my error wdcsam64.sys oem23.inf and wdcsam64_prewin8.sys oem28.inf I know I'm a little late to the party but if you could hgelp me solve this that'd be amazing, thanks!