Speech to text not working - Message something went wrong Error Code 0x80049dd3

Anonymous
2022-09-06T17:44:51+00:00

When I try to use my MIC for speech to text I continually get this message and the message box "locks up" on screen!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T18:18:54+00:00

    I, like everyone else here, am also having this issue. I heard elsewhere it is a server related issue on Microsoft's end that mistakenly prevents Microsoft accounts from utilizing certain features.

    You can still use the speech to text feature if you create a local account with admin privileges on the computer. Not a permanent solution though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T18:08:42+00:00

    Same situation. However this is a different r error number than earlier, unfortunately, the speech to text is still not working.Please fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T15:31:55+00:00

    Когда я пытаюсь использовать свой микрофон для преобразования речи в текст, я постоянно получаю это сообщение, и окно сообщения «запирается» на экране!

    exactly the same problem I encountered a week ago

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T14:34:03+00:00

    Mine has also quit working, please update ASAP as I use it constantly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T14:08:10+00:00

    Same issue after latest updates. Previously worked fine. New laptop - fully updated and patched. I've used Dragon for years and it's become so bloated that I don't want to go back to it anymore. Please help. Apple gets this right. Google gets this right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments