When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T06:25:48+00:00

    If you don't have the Intel SST issue and they still put on a hold for you.

    Then there are only 2 possibilities:

    1. you got a false positive and their algorithm in determining the hold is faulty.

    or

    1. Microsoft has found some additional driver problems and they haven't got the time to publish it. That webpage I linked before has already stated that you should bookmark that page so that you can see newer issues that will be published later.

    Thanks, Joseph.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T17:51:00+00:00

    I understand, but there's stilll no hurry as 70% of users are sticking with Windows 10 which they view as more stable with less bugs.

    There are also reviews here of Windows 11 from the top tech writers that might interest you:

    https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/windows-11

    https://www.pcworld.com/article/539183/windows-...

    https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/microsoft-w...

    https://www.techradar.com/reviews/windows-11

    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/10/windows...

    Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T20:50:59+00:00

    Thanks, Greg.

    I'm hoping, that whatever the reason is, that Microsoft, Intel, or Dell will find the cause of this problem quickly.

    Again, I've gone through all the literature on the problem I can find and it makes no sense to me why my computer cannot be updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T23:24:34+00:00

    While I'm here if you want to save a System Image backup and Clean Install, or shrink C to Clean Install in a Dual Boot to compare, then I'll help you try to resolve any issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments