When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T21:05:56+00:00

    I actually have considered running the Media Creation tool as you suggested. I did that yesterday updating a Surface Book 2 (a clean installation) and it worked very well. But I am concerned about the two machines that have not been able to be updated as I know there is some reason why Microsoft does not want them to be updated yet. I have heard something about the Intel Audio driver being a problem and also something about Group Policy, though I do not know what. If the problems are severe, updating at this time could be harmful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2022-09-24T21:13:08+00:00

    There was only a compatibility hold --- back in Nov 2021 which was resolved if you updated your own Intel SST audio driver. It was a Windows 11 21h2 hold that got extended to 22h2. BUT if you already have windows 11 21h2 installed on your other 2 computers, by definition, your 2 computers are not affected by this issue (or else your 2 computers would have been prevented from installing windows 11 21h2 in the first place).

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-22h2

    Your computers are not getting the "update" because it is a phased rollout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T21:24:29+00:00

    Take a look at the 1st partial screenshot and the 2nd when I clicked on "Learn More". The computer is on hold for technical reasons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2022-09-24T21:26:36+00:00

    Then read the link I posted and look at whether your intel sst driver is the old version affected and then go to dell or HP or whatever your computer manufacturer is and download a newer driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments