When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T20:47:33+00:00

    I'm glad to hear of your progress.

    Group Policy is used in organization settings by a System Administrator to restrict the use of the PC by users. It has no practical use by consumers and isn't even in Home Version.

    Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T21:42:28+00:00

    I'm glad to hear of your progress.

    Group Policy is used in organization settings by a System Administrator to restrict the use of the PC by users. It has no practical use by consumers and isn't even in Home Version.

    Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

    The installer from Microsoft I used supposedly installs whatever OS version was previously installed. Previously (and now that I have placed the original drive, I am running an activated Windows 11 Pro version. But when i take a look at the version installed on the blank drive, it is Windows 11 Home. See the actual activation for the computer. I'm not sure why I got the home version ... maybe because of the Group Policy glitch?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-29T00:59:18+00:00

    If you used the bootable installation media from Media Creation Tool and it didn't give you a menu to choose Home or Pro, that means that there is an embedded Product Key in the BIOS for the licensed version installed at the factory, which the media reads and determines the version to install. So you must have had a Home version installed at factory, then did you later upgrade to Pro? If so and you know there's a Pro Digital LIcense associated with the PC you can go ahead and upgrade to Pro by inserting the Pro Generic Version Key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T in Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change Product Key. This will change the version to Pro and soon after it connects to the internet it will phone home and find the Pro Digital License in MS Activation servers to activate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-29T18:11:34+00:00

    Thanks, Greg ... you've been really great and I thank you very much for your suggestions and help.

    I actually tried that last evening ... and it worked. I'm back to the Pro version 22622.521 22H2 and it works quite well. I worked overnight (my wife hates that) and got everything back (I hope, I'll only really know when I need something and it's not there), and I'm happy the way everything is working.

    If you are ever in the Inland Empire part of California (San Bernardino - Riverside Counties), let me know and I'll take you out for a Steak Dinner as I really do appreciate your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments