When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T06:24:17+00:00

    Looks like they're blocking the ISO now.

    You can wait or do the Clean Install. I've never heard of it being blocked. It even allows unsupported hardware.

    Did you Upgrade from WIndows 10 or buy a Windows 11 PC? How do you like Windows 11 compared to WIndows 10?

    I purchased the computer with Windows 10 on it last October, but when I purchase a computer, I never use the OS installed. I always do a clean install with OEM software, so I installed Windows 11 then Many Windows 11 things I like, and a few I do not. I hate the taskbar as I like to place all important (to me) software shortcuts on it (usually about 40) and the Win 11 taskbar does not have room for them all. In previous Windows versions, you could always stack the taskbar into rows and there was always enough room. Interestingly enough, I'm writing this on a Windows Insider version of 11, Build 25206, and it has corrected my taskbar problem by adding a "taskbar overflow" with an icon of 3 horizontal dots which, if clicked, shows all the shortcuts that the taskbar does not have room for. I like that very much and I hope Microsoft adds it to the stable version soon. The newest stable Win 11, 22621... , does not have this feature though there is a Beta version 22622... which has the taskbar overflow. Another feature of Windows 11 I dislike is that I cannot get to Settings with one click. However, it can be placed as a shortcut on the taskbar. I also dislike two clicks to get to the Apps menu and a couple of clicks to get to important commands such as rename, open with, print, etc.

    But 11 sure looks pretty!

    Frankly, 10 was much easier to work with than 11, but since 11 is where Microsoft is going, I guess that is where I want to be if I wish to keep up. I do try to keep all my computers updated (I have 7 Windows machines right now), though I frequently have more. I rarely have less. I am a frequent user of Feedback and hope that many of my comments have helped Microsoft decide changes to make.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2022-09-25T20:37:57+00:00

    If you don't have the Intel SST issue and they still put on a hold for you.

    Then there are only 2 possibilities:

    1. you got a false positive and their algorithm in determining the hold is faulty.

    or

    1. Microsoft has found some additional driver problems and they haven't got the time to publish it. That webpage I linked before has already stated that you should bookmark that page so that you can see newer issues that will be published later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-25T15:55:32+00:00

    Looks like they're blocking the ISO now.

    You can wait or do the Clean Install. I've never heard of it being blocked. It even allows unsupported hardware.

    Did you Upgrade from WIndows 10 or buy a Windows 11 PC? How do you like Windows 11 compared to WIndows 10?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2022-09-25T07:09:37+00:00

    So you downloaded the ISO file and put it on the USB drive? You don't need to move the ISO to the flash drive. Just download the ISO to the downloads folder, open the ISO, and run the Setup.exe. I don't know if that makes any difference where you run it though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments