When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-25T01:22:58+00:00

    Thanks, Greg. I was not aware that System Restore Points were deprecated with an installation of a new OS on top of the previous (that is, not a clean installation). I was able to install 22621.521 on the Nitro 5 without problems and it appears to be running well. However, the Dell Optiplex 3891 media creator update did not fare so well. It did not finish the installation and gave me the message ...

    "Your PC can't be upgraded to this version of Windows. Windows Update will automatically offer you this version of Windows once the issue has been resolved" ...

    There was also a "Learn More" link showing 3 possible issues, one with the Sound Driver (I do not have the driver mentioned in the article) and two separate Group Policy issues that are mentioned above in this thread.

    I'd sure like to know who is working on these issues, Dell, Microsoft, or Intel (or all three) and if I, as an individual, can contact them and find out exactly what the problem is.

    Well, I guess it's time to get away from the big monitor (50" Samsung TV) sitting 2 feet in from of my 81 year old eyes and join the wife to watch English murder mysteries on one of the streaming channels. Just a note to say that the Brits create much better Television than any of the US Networks or streamers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-25T00:22:36+00:00

    System Restore points are removed during a Version Upgrade, be sure to check afterwards that System Restore is enabled with plenty of disk space on C: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...

    The most stable secondary backup will be a System Image backup stored externally that can restore C in 30 minutes and be up and running. Here's the best free imaging app and how to use it: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

    Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

    ____________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2022-09-24T21:26:36+00:00

    Then read the link I posted and look at whether your intel sst driver is the old version affected and then go to dell or HP or whatever your computer manufacturer is and download a newer driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
    2022-09-24T21:13:08+00:00

    There was only a compatibility hold --- back in Nov 2021 which was resolved if you updated your own Intel SST audio driver. It was a Windows 11 21h2 hold that got extended to 22h2. BUT if you already have windows 11 21h2 installed on your other 2 computers, by definition, your 2 computers are not affected by this issue (or else your 2 computers would have been prevented from installing windows 11 21h2 in the first place).

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-22h2

    Your computers are not getting the "update" because it is a phased rollout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments