When will the Intel Generation 11 CPU hold on the Install of 22H2 be resolved?

Anonymous
2022-09-24T17:52:02+00:00

I have 2 computers with the Intel 11th Generation CPU and both are in hold for installation to Windows 11 22H2. Apparently there is a driver issue with the CPU that conflicts with 22H2 and Microsoft has decided to not install until the issue is resolved. After an extensive search on the internet, I can find no information on this, certainly not on the Microsoft site and also not on the Intel site.

Does anyone have any information on this? Your replies are certainly welcome.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-30T00:19:26+00:00

I am happy to help RC.

Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.

Also if any particular post provided the solution, please mark it as Answer or Helpful to help others who find this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T23:58:45+00:00

    In that case if you want to go ahead and try it, you can always roll it back if we cannot help you fix whatever is broken.

    Here are known issues with 22H2 and ways around them:

    https://pureinfotech.com/windows-11-22h2-known-...

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/relea...

    https://windows101tricks.com/windows-11-upgrade...

    https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/install-win...

    Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

    ____________________________________________
    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T22:51:17+00:00

    Thanks, Tekkie ...

    Checking for problems, the Dell Opt 3891 does not have the Intel Driver mentioned and the Acer Nitro 5, while it does have the driver mentioned, it doe not have either 10.29.0.5152 or 10.30.0.5152. It does have 10.29.0.7799.

    Neither one seems to have a Group Policy problem, so I'm stumped. This is not the first problem that has stumped me while working with computers for the last 60 years since 1962 (yes, I'm 81) and it will probably not be the last. But, as I tell my wife, it keeps me sharp and alive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. TekkieBoy 12,556 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-09-24T22:16:06+00:00

    My post was an general information regarding Intel CPU and Safeguard hold.

    Intel CPUs of the 11th generation are also not affected by Device Guard as you can see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T22:01:17+00:00

    Device Guard is not enabled

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments