Windows 11 22H2 getting stuck

Anonymous
2022-09-22T14:59:13+00:00

Hi, i'm a windows insider, currently running this build

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎9/‎25/‎2021

OS build 22000.1042

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1042.0

I have been trying to install the new updated 22H2 from long time ago without luck, the updated is downloaded and the installation process run fine untild the reboot after reboot of the PC the update process run and reboot the computer again... in this last reboot the process bar get stuck and I need to force the shutdown... happen twice and after that windows start the rollback process of the update.

I ran the SetupDialog util and this is the result:

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.382 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220804-1759)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 8/23/2022 10:08:03 AMUpgradeEndTime = 8/23/2022 11:16:02 AMUpgradeElapsedTime = 01:07:59CV = iAjJSvcCaE+CqBrsReportId = A7EC7FC5-F6FC-4096-81C4-2815AC97858A

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 8/23/2022 11:15:41 AMPhase Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.521 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220908-2241)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 9/21/2022 6:49:46 PMUpgradeEndTime = 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMUpgradeElapsedTime = 00:58:05CV = P8rdovW+4U+yv50zReportId = 153D27A4-BB23-45BE-BA14-D678F889E69C

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:31 PMPhase Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

===========================================================

                                                           FEEDBACK LINK

===========================================================

share your feedback here

https://aka.ms/AAi6cfv

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T21:09:27+00:00

    I wonder if it is worth pursuing a Microsoft Unified / Premier case...has anyone tried this route yet to declare formal bug status, etc., or is that essentially what was accomplished with the MS Feedback route? Neither of them are opening for me to see any details.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-11T19:40:37+00:00

    Well, seems to be an issue related to the XPS 7590 :/ i will try with the dell support, because I use WSL2 an hyper-v on my daily work so I can't disable the virtualization to get the update... dell must fix this issue.

    On the same model Dell, I have virtualization enabled. When secure boot is enabled, I get the 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error. It will then revert back to the older version of Windows 11 Pro 21H2. If I start the installation, and get to the point where the PC is stuck at the Dell logo (for an initial reboot), and I power down the system, disable secure boot, turn the system on, and it seems to install with no issue; however, when I attempt to turn secure boot on after the installation, same issue. I checked all my drivers and they are up to date. I thought that secureboot is an issue if you don't have a digitally signed OS, which MIcrosoft would be. I attempted to download the ISO, and run the upgrade from there, along with a number of suggestions found in this article, but nothing works. It's also not recommended to turn and leave secure boot off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-13T10:02:22+00:00

    The only thing which helped in my case is:

    Power plan

    Choose when to turn off the display

    Turn off the display: NEVER

    I find it a bug; I hope someone from Microsoft will investigate it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-12-13T13:40:48+00:00

    The only thing which helped in my case is:

    Power plan

    Choose when to turn off the display

    Turn off the display: NEVER

    I find it a bug; I hope someone from Microsoft will investigate it

    Please report your issue in the Feedback Hub. WIN+F

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-13T16:17:08+00:00

    Different issue on a different build but some similarities regarding virtualization.

    May be worth taking a look at iFish_木鱼 findings (last 3 posts on this thread)

    Unable to update Windows 11 Insider ( 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments