Windows 11 22H2 getting stuck

Anonymous
2022-09-22T14:59:13+00:00

Hi, i'm a windows insider, currently running this build

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎9/‎25/‎2021

OS build 22000.1042

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1042.0

I have been trying to install the new updated 22H2 from long time ago without luck, the updated is downloaded and the installation process run fine untild the reboot after reboot of the PC the update process run and reboot the computer again... in this last reboot the process bar get stuck and I need to force the shutdown... happen twice and after that windows start the rollback process of the update.

I ran the SetupDialog util and this is the result:

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.382 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220804-1759)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 8/23/2022 10:08:03 AMUpgradeEndTime = 8/23/2022 11:16:02 AMUpgradeElapsedTime = 01:07:59CV = iAjJSvcCaE+CqBrsReportId = A7EC7FC5-F6FC-4096-81C4-2815AC97858A

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 8/23/2022 11:15:41 AMPhase Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.521 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220908-2241)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 9/21/2022 6:49:46 PMUpgradeEndTime = 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMUpgradeElapsedTime = 00:58:05CV = P8rdovW+4U+yv50zReportId = 153D27A4-BB23-45BE-BA14-D678F889E69C

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:31 PMPhase Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

===========================================================

                                                           FEEDBACK LINK

===========================================================

share your feedback here

https://aka.ms/AAi6cfv

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-06T18:21:30+00:00

    Done, thanks

    M

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T17:30:11+00:00

    We have had this same BSOD (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) issue with the HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Desktop Mini since MS released the September build of 22H2, and it is still an issue with the November release. (10.0.22621.819 Enterprise)

    I had thought it was due to the install of a SoftPaq / WUfB driver update, since pausing updates and/or disabling the Windows Update service would keep me up and running for extended periods, only briefly BSOD'ing once during OSD, (first reboot after MECM client is installed) but now I'm not so sure. This is also seemingly not holding true for this new build. In fact, it just happened during first login which I hadn't seen before.

    We don't have this issue on our other HP desktops or laptops. However, this 800 G5 model does have this other known issue/bug though, so I wonder if they are possibly related.

    Settings/Core Isolation shows: Page not available - The page you are trying to access has no supported features and is not available.

    Device Security unknown: Standard hardware security not supported - Your device does not meet the requirements for standard hardware security. Devices have different hardware built in that Windows uses to provide additional protection.

    At first login, prior to any BSOD events, msinfo32 shows that Kernel DMA Protection is "On" and Virtualization-based security is "Enabled but not running". Core Isolation = "Page not available".

    There is a thread here about it, and MS feedback was submitted on it: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-hardware-security-not-supported-till-now/44ebabab-d772-4aa7-b12f-53daa2bdb3f5?page=1Enric offers a workaround on page 6, but after implementing this and re-enabling DMA Protection and all the virtualization support options via BIOS, the BSOD issue returns.

    Is anyone else seeing this Core Isolation issue along with their BSOD issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T18:39:06+00:00

    I have had this problem since October when I tried to upgrade to 22H2. I got the blue screen "inaccessible_boot_device" and the update would fail. I thought I had a hard drive issue so I did a factory reset. After that, I was able to upgrade to 22H2. I then noticed that core isolation was turned off. Any attempt to turn it on would result in another blue screen with inaccessible_boot_device upon restart.

    About two weeks ago, I started getting that same error on every restart regardless of memory integrity being turned off. I own a Dell XPS 7590. There is a similar thread on the Dell community site. Dell has no answers and has basically said we will have to wait for a solution. I see no movement from Microsoft either. The issue updates targeting other problems, but nothing that addresses this issue. I also do not want to edit the BIOS for a hack that causes other problems being reported by other users. Someone needs to get the ball moving.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T19:05:14+00:00

    I was engaged with our HP support folks via email, but supposedly they couldn't source the same model to put on the bench. They requested that we send them one, but I haven't been able to get anything going on that front yet. Still working on it. Figured at this point it was easier to go back to the drawing board with the new build when I found these threads, as well as the Dell ones. We also have an audio driver issue with the 800 G4 that they are supposed to address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T19:47:48+00:00

    I am no engineer but I assume Microsoft will have to issue a major update that includes Intel drivers. I'm also assuming new BIOS updates will have to be released. This is most botched rollout of Windows I have ever seen. I have spent hours upon hours trying to find a solution and now have a machine that cannot run Windows 11. I had to revert back to the factory Windows 10 that it shipped with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments