Windows 11 22H2 getting stuck

Anonymous
2022-09-22T14:59:13+00:00

Hi, i'm a windows insider, currently running this build

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎9/‎25/‎2021

OS build 22000.1042

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1042.0

I have been trying to install the new updated 22H2 from long time ago without luck, the updated is downloaded and the installation process run fine untild the reboot after reboot of the PC the update process run and reboot the computer again... in this last reboot the process bar get stuck and I need to force the shutdown... happen twice and after that windows start the rollback process of the update.

I ran the SetupDialog util and this is the result:

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.382 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220804-1759)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 8/23/2022 10:08:03 AMUpgradeEndTime = 8/23/2022 11:16:02 AMUpgradeElapsedTime = 01:07:59CV = iAjJSvcCaE+CqBrsReportId = A7EC7FC5-F6FC-4096-81C4-2815AC97858A

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 8/23/2022 11:15:41 AMPhase Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.521 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220908-2241)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 9/21/2022 6:49:46 PMUpgradeEndTime = 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMUpgradeElapsedTime = 00:58:05CV = P8rdovW+4U+yv50zReportId = 153D27A4-BB23-45BE-BA14-D678F889E69C

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:31 PMPhase Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

===========================================================

                                                           FEEDBACK LINK

===========================================================

share your feedback here

https://aka.ms/AAi6cfv

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-18T04:31:13+00:00

    Not Dell. I experience this problem on :

    System Manufacturer Intel Corporation

    System Model NUC7i7DNHE

    System Type x64-based PC

    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2112 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

    BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. DNKBLi7v.86A.0052.2018.0808.1344, 8.8.18

    SMBIOS Version 3.1

    Embedded Controller Version 255.255

    BIOS Mode UEFI

    Anyone knows how to fix it for this system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-30T00:50:02+00:00

    I have the same problem trying to install 22h2 on a Dell Vostro 15 5510. It too is on the list supposedly checked for compatibility with 22H2. I've tried just installing 22H2 via Windows Update. It downloads, installs, but when it restarts, it runs for about 4% and fails every time. I also tried through the Insider programs ... no luck ... same issues. This is a real problem, and it sounds like it isn't just mine. I have to believe it is a Dell issue which needs to be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-30T01:04:09+00:00

    I also tried through the Insider programs ... no luck ... same issues. This is a real problem, and it sounds like it isn't just mine. I have to believe it is a Dell issue which needs to be fixed.

    Did you try using the official 22621 ISO image?

    There's a reference to a bios fix on the previous page but for a different Dell model than yours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-01T17:27:05+00:00

    How would running the ISO image make any difference if it is a Dell problem, which I am believing it is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-01T17:37:51+00:00

    How would running the ISO image make any difference if it is a Dell problem, which I am believing it is.

    If it is a Dell issue probably none but your model is different from the ones having the problem.

    You have nothing to lose by trying anyway, it is up to you. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments