Folks, the latest BIOS fixes this. No need to disable anything.
Windows 11 22H2 getting stuck
Hi, i'm a windows insider, currently running this build
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on 9/25/2021
OS build 22000.1042
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1042.0
I have been trying to install the new updated 22H2 from long time ago without luck, the updated is downloaded and the installation process run fine untild the reboot after reboot of the PC the update process run and reboot the computer again... in this last reboot the process bar get stuck and I need to force the shutdown... happen twice and after that windows start the rollback process of the update.
I ran the SetupDialog util and this is the result:
Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.382 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220804-1759)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 8/23/2022 10:08:03 AMUpgradeEndTime = 8/23/2022 11:16:02 AMUpgradeElapsedTime = 01:07:59CV = iAjJSvcCaE+CqBrsReportId = A7EC7FC5-F6FC-4096-81C4-2815AC97858A
Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:
Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.
Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 8/23/2022 11:15:41 AMPhase Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True
Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True
Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.521 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220908-2241)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 9/21/2022 6:49:46 PMUpgradeEndTime = 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMUpgradeElapsedTime = 00:58:05CV = P8rdovW+4U+yv50zReportId = 153D27A4-BB23-45BE-BA14-D678F889E69C
Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:
Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.
Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:31 PMPhase Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True
Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True
===========================================================
FEEDBACK LINK
===========================================================
share your feedback here
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-10-17T21:03:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-17T17:57:39+00:00 Hit F2 during startup to get to the Bios. On Dell, you then have to disable "virtualization Direct I/O". This worked for me - I can now use windows subsystem for Linux on my Dell XPS 7590.
Unfortunately I have no idea whether disabling the Virtualization Direct I/O is affecting anything else...
-
Anonymous
2022-10-16T10:22:18+00:00 The problem is not specific to Dell, I have the exact same issue with Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 1 and Gen 2 models. It happens also on fresh installed systems with Windows 11 22H2....first couple reboots is ok, but when it install the current Update--next reboot BSOD "inaccessible_boot_device"
Thank you very much for the tip with VT-d, it also helps here to turn of "VT-d" in UEFI Setup without disabling virtualization completely, I just had to disable first "Kernel DMA protection" otherwise I was not possible to disable VT-d
Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 3 is working without issues with 22H2 and full VBS.
-
Anonymous
2022-10-16T04:14:02+00:00 Hi gligli,
How do I check or "turn off virtualization in the BIOS"?
-
Anonymous
2022-10-15T21:49:11+00:00 Did turning off virtualization in the BIOS fix the problem for you?