Windows 11 22H2 getting stuck

Anonymous
2022-09-22T14:59:13+00:00

Hi, i'm a windows insider, currently running this build

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎9/‎25/‎2021

OS build 22000.1042

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1042.0

I have been trying to install the new updated 22H2 from long time ago without luck, the updated is downloaded and the installation process run fine untild the reboot after reboot of the PC the update process run and reboot the computer again... in this last reboot the process bar get stuck and I need to force the shutdown... happen twice and after that windows start the rollback process of the update.

I ran the SetupDialog util and this is the result:

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.382 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220804-1759)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 8/23/2022 10:08:03 AMUpgradeEndTime = 8/23/2022 11:16:02 AMUpgradeElapsedTime = 01:07:59CV = iAjJSvcCaE+CqBrsReportId = A7EC7FC5-F6FC-4096-81C4-2815AC97858A

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 8/23/2022 11:15:41 AMPhase Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Ended: 8/23/2022 11:16:01 AMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information:Machine Name = CAST-XPSManufacturer = Dell Inc.Model = XPS 15 7590HostOSArchitecture = 1033FirmwareType = UEFIBiosReleaseDate = 20220705000000.000000+000BiosVendor = 1.18.0BiosVersion = 1.18.0HostOSVersion =HostOSBuildString = 22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.22621.521 (ni_release_svc_prod1.220908-2241)HostOSLanguageId =HostOSEdition = ProfessionalRegisteredAV = Windows DefenderFilterDrivers = FileInfoUpgradeStartTime = 9/21/2022 6:49:46 PMUpgradeEndTime = 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMUpgradeElapsedTime = 00:58:05CV = P8rdovW+4U+yv50zReportId = 153D27A4-BB23-45BE-BA14-D678F889E69C

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.Last Phase = Safe OSLast Operation = Close log filesError = 0xC1900101-0x30017LogEntry:

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:Phase Name: Safe OSPhase Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:31 PMPhase Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMPhase Time Delta: 00:00:20Completed Successfully? True

Last Setup Operation:Operation Name: Close log filesOperation Started: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Ended: 9/21/2022 7:47:51 PMOperation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000Completed Successfully? True

===========================================================

                                                           FEEDBACK LINK

===========================================================

share your feedback here

https://aka.ms/AAi6cfv

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T20:33:07+00:00

    Virtualization at all is allowed to be enabled the whole time, you just have to disable the VT-D, this has to be disabled also after installation of 22H2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T20:26:06+00:00

    Excellent! That worked for me. Is it safe to re-enable the virtualization after installing the update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T17:52:35+00:00

    I have successfully installed or upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 on several X1 Extreme Gen 1 and Gen 2, you have to disable in UEFi Setup under virtualization the parameter "VT-d"

    You still get in Windows 11 Device Security "enhanced hardware security"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T17:38:15+00:00

    I've been having the same issue with the update on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 2. I think the first time I was offered the update was a couple of months ago. The update was available again today, and I had the same result. Every time it freezes during one of the reboots while the spinning circle is present, and I have to do a hard reboot and roll back the update.

    Are you saying that the virtualization tip worked to update your Gen 1 and Gen 2 machines?

    I am running all the latest drivers and am on the most recent BIOS version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-01T17:37:51+00:00

    How would running the ISO image make any difference if it is a Dell problem, which I am believing it is.

    If it is a Dell issue probably none but your model is different from the ones having the problem.

    You have nothing to lose by trying anyway, it is up to you. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments