Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

Anonymous
2022-08-11T14:21:43+00:00

For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been the same. Extremely hard puzzle, that you have to pick two identical objects out of 7 times. After completing this seven times, I have to start over again.

I have been researching the issue from past KB articles. I have tried to complete the puzzle from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, with no luck. I have tried from four different IP addresses in three different states. I have tried from incognito mode. I have tried from a brand new PC with out the updates. I have tried from an older PC with all the updates. I have tried from a new PC before the updates. Let it be known that I'm not trying the create the same account in different locations. So the account creation name has been different each time I have tried to create a new username, so I know it's not a black listed issue. In conclusion I have spent nearly 3 hours on trying to make this work. This is defiantly a Microsoft issue that needs to be addressed.

Also note that the product category to choose from to post this problem does not exist. Product category for this issue should be "Account". So I'm posting this in Windows since we are being forced to use Microsoft Accounts in operating systems and for Office product keys. I'm also choosing Windows 10 and the topic of Performance and System issues as this is a system issue!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-28T00:00:14+00:00

    I have had the same problem creating Microsoft accounts for all 3 of my younger sons for Minecraft!

    I seem to forget what I tried that finally worked every time.

    You would think that Microsoft could figure it out and get a verification system that actually works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-17T02:39:39+00:00

    Wasted a lot of time, and couldn't create an account because of their site. And, this company will actually host a public cloud? What a joke.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T13:00:03+00:00

    For what it's worth, I've just been tearing my hair out over this issue: I've definitely answered all of the challenges correctly, and once even got a brief splash screen telling me "Congratulations on being a human" but it just looped back to the verification step again.

    The workaround I found was to use a mobile phone: the challenges seem to be slightly different and the process didn't glitch!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-05T11:12:24+00:00

    Try using Opera GX or Opera (EVEN IF YOU HATE OPERA GX) cuz you haven't tried it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments