HP laptop suddenly asked for bitlocker recovery key after updating on windows 11.

Reported
Anonymous
2022-08-31T21:45:58+00:00

I just updated my laptop and suddenly got a message that I need to enter a recovery key. However, I have never set up a BitLocker recovery key and I think it was enabled through the update which has now locked all of my data. I have a lot of coding that I have saved onto my local drive on the laptop and didn't know this could happen one day. What should I do? Is there any compensation I could get from this? I bought it from BestBuy a year ago.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T21:10:28+00:00

    Yes my problem

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T11:04:25+00:00

    Need the recovery key

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T17:11:37+00:00

    My bitlocker key

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T08:50:02+00:00

    Bitlocker key

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T03:57:28+00:00

    I can't get my laptop to reset

    0 comments No comments