Memory integrity cannot be turned on due to ftdibus.sys

Anonymous
2022-08-31T07:14:23+00:00

Windows security recommended that I take an action this morning. It highlighted that memory integrity is off. I went to settings and tried to activate memory integrity. It did not work due to an incompatible driver. The incompatibel driver is ftdibus.sys FTDI oem363.inf. 2.12.0.0.

Based on an internet search it could be a driver related to my wacom intuos tablet (which I rarely use). But I am not even sure.

I do not know what steps to take to update this driver?

I went under device manager, but it seems that all drivers are uptodate.

My windows 11 system is uptodate. I have also done the updated based on HP support assistant.

==========

Solved. See solutions on pages 2& 3 (my own posts)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-02T16:26:59+00:00

I sent an email to the FTDI support in the UK, pointing to this thread. I will let you know if I receive a reply.

I have received the reply from FTDI support. They were quick! They sent some instructions.

I followed them and it worked fine for my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T12:29:22+00:00

    Thank you so much for this! ♥ fixed the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T00:47:29+00:00

    It worked for me! Thank you! :)

    I updated firmware and bios first, but that didn't help.

    I downloaded drivers from site and installed them as suggested.

    Then I tried to locate ftdibus.sys and found two instances in different folders in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore , but didn't risk to move them.

    I waited a while and rebooted but the error was still there. But then I hit checkbox saying like "do not notify me" and the error was gone.

    After that I installed latest Microsoft update and when it was done I went to settings and was finaly able to switch toggle 'Memory integrity' ON!

    Yet I seem to do a lot of movents, but I think that the installing a proper driver was the only thing that did solve the issue, the rest were done by the system itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T09:19:47+00:00

    Same boat, I use a Wacom Intuos Tablet for independent art, and my system wouldn't let me turned on Memory Integrity due to FDTI oem21.inf. Were you able find a resolution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-12T13:40:21+00:00

    This helped for me, too. However, I wasn't able to find the setup zip described in step 3 so I haven't followed the instructions from there. I was able to turn on Memory integrity though.

    If there were any implications not reinstalling newer versions of whatever I uninstalled in steps 1 & 2 I guess I will discover it later on. So far no problem.

    I have a Wacom Intuos tablet too, but it seems not have been affected by this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments