Memory integrity cannot be turned on due to ftdibus.sys

Anonymous
2022-08-31T07:14:23+00:00

Windows security recommended that I take an action this morning. It highlighted that memory integrity is off. I went to settings and tried to activate memory integrity. It did not work due to an incompatible driver. The incompatibel driver is ftdibus.sys FTDI oem363.inf. 2.12.0.0.

Based on an internet search it could be a driver related to my wacom intuos tablet (which I rarely use). But I am not even sure.

I do not know what steps to take to update this driver?

I went under device manager, but it seems that all drivers are uptodate.

My windows 11 system is uptodate. I have also done the updated based on HP support assistant.

==========

Solved. See solutions on pages 2& 3 (my own posts)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-02T16:26:59+00:00

I sent an email to the FTDI support in the UK, pointing to this thread. I will let you know if I receive a reply.

I have received the reply from FTDI support. They were quick! They sent some instructions.

I followed them and it worked fine for my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T10:03:19+00:00

    Thanks.

    On step 1: HP has the HP support assistant that it checking the drivers.

    I did run it. It is suggesting to me only optional drivers.

    My laptop is a hp dragonfly G2 running windows 11. I am using a wacom intuos. Ken do you have a similar set up?

    I did not dare to do step 2 you are suggesting yet!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T08:33:23+00:00

    This same problem started happening for me this morning, too. In my case, though, the listed ftdibus.sys driver file is oem130.inf.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-08-31T07:53:03+00:00

    Hi HeyKeys,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    1

    Go to the support page for your PC on the HP website, then from there, download and install the version of Chipset drivers they recommend and while there, check for any BIOS update that may need to be installed

    Restart your PC.

    Then check if that driver is still blocking Memory Integrity

    2

    If that is still a blocking error, click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    pnputil /delete-driver oem363.inf /uninstall /force

    Close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC, that will remove the blocking driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments