Memory integrity cannot be turned on due to ftdibus.sys

Anonymous
2022-08-31T07:14:23+00:00

Windows security recommended that I take an action this morning. It highlighted that memory integrity is off. I went to settings and tried to activate memory integrity. It did not work due to an incompatible driver. The incompatibel driver is ftdibus.sys FTDI oem363.inf. 2.12.0.0.

Based on an internet search it could be a driver related to my wacom intuos tablet (which I rarely use). But I am not even sure.

I do not know what steps to take to update this driver?

I went under device manager, but it seems that all drivers are uptodate.

My windows 11 system is uptodate. I have also done the updated based on HP support assistant.

==========

Solved. See solutions on pages 2& 3 (my own posts)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-02T16:26:59+00:00

I sent an email to the FTDI support in the UK, pointing to this thread. I will let you know if I receive a reply.

I have received the reply from FTDI support. They were quick! They sent some instructions.

I followed them and it worked fine for my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T11:59:55+00:00

    I really wouldn't want to delete the driver. It came from Microsoft during an update last April. The driver may be important. This error just started happening today - so something has changed (though I haven't made any major changes to my system). I was hoping that someone could provide insight into what the ftdibus driver does, which might in turn help me figure out what changed that caused this security issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-08-31T11:31:39+00:00

    Simply run Autoruns and disable/delete the driver from there.

    Sysinternals Live

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T10:59:49+00:00

    My computer is a one-year-old Asus Zenbook running Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-08-31T10:17:21+00:00

    Hi HeyKeys,

    Because you have a relatively new HP laptop, I think the best option may be to contact HP support and ask them if they have an updates driver for that device, they should be aware that driver needs to be updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments