Memory integrity cannot be turned on due to ftdibus.sys

Anonymous
2022-08-31T07:14:23+00:00

Windows security recommended that I take an action this morning. It highlighted that memory integrity is off. I went to settings and tried to activate memory integrity. It did not work due to an incompatible driver. The incompatibel driver is ftdibus.sys FTDI oem363.inf. 2.12.0.0.

Based on an internet search it could be a driver related to my wacom intuos tablet (which I rarely use). But I am not even sure.

I do not know what steps to take to update this driver?

I went under device manager, but it seems that all drivers are uptodate.

My windows 11 system is uptodate. I have also done the updated based on HP support assistant.

==========

Solved. See solutions on pages 2& 3 (my own posts)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-02T16:26:59+00:00

I sent an email to the FTDI support in the UK, pointing to this thread. I will let you know if I receive a reply.

I have received the reply from FTDI support. They were quick! They sent some instructions.

I followed them and it worked fine for my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T12:29:22+00:00

    Thank you so much for this! ♥ fixed the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T00:47:29+00:00

    It worked for me! Thank you! :)

    I updated firmware and bios first, but that didn't help.

    I downloaded drivers from site and installed them as suggested.

    Then I tried to locate ftdibus.sys and found two instances in different folders in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore , but didn't risk to move them.

    I waited a while and rebooted but the error was still there. But then I hit checkbox saying like "do not notify me" and the error was gone.

    After that I installed latest Microsoft update and when it was done I went to settings and was finaly able to switch toggle 'Memory integrity' ON!

    Yet I seem to do a lot of movents, but I think that the installing a proper driver was the only thing that did solve the issue, the rest were done by the system itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-02T17:12:52+00:00

    You should understand, because a driver shows as blocking the Memory Integrity setting, it may be a good driver doing what it was intended to do.

    Microsoft is not suggesting you need to remove a driver, which is stated in one of the links on those pages. The information for that process seems to come from Vanderpool Industries and the three drivers it found on my system were old but were not incompatible. One had even been suggested by Windows a few months ago. If you can find a newer driver and clear the restriction, great. In my case there are no updates for my drivers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-02T15:48:11+00:00

    Sumit has posted a sticky. Just don't delete any drivers you may need, since that is probably the case. I was able to uninstall one driver, but it was a driver which Windows suggested was optional.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-enable-core-isolation-in-windows-11-due-to/a5dd80a4-5372-4ec4-b3fe-58385b381000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments