Same setup here, with Radeon 7950.
Does anyone know what the sub options for secure boot do? ..reset keys.. or something?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello! I first discovered this issue after I updated to Windows 11 and wanted to play a video game known as Valorant. Valorant uses a kernel level anti-cheat software that requires you to have TPM 2.0 and Secure boot enabled if you are playing on Windows 11. I was using a Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi, 2070 Super Founders Edition, i9-9900kf ; went into BIOS, enabled secure boot and tpm 2.0, but upon restarting my PC I was met only with a black screen. I tried using an old 1070 i had but the issue persisted. Cleared CMOS, did everything I could think of before eventually caving and buying a new motherboard. I was dumb though and went with the same motherboard model, and originally decided not to mess with it anymore and cut my losses with Valorant. Its been a few months though and I have really been wanting to play. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this reliably? I can't afford to brick another board. (maybe the board isnt actually bricked but I have no way of getting into the bios as the kf has no integrated graphics. I have a 6700k that is the same socket as the z390, but it doesn't support that chipset as while the sockets have the same number of pins they are organized differently or something along those lines from what I understand. I've attached my system information below, please let me know if theres anything else I can provide that might help.
Some more notes:
-I have NOT tried enabling secure boot on the new board. I am afraid of recreating the issue without being able to solve it again.
-Gigabyte BIOS Update list https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios -again, I want to be sure the issue won't replicate if possible!
-I do NOT know for sure if my old BIOS mode was set to Legacy by default, but I think it may have been, where as this board has it set to UEFI by default. (They are still the same model, however)
P.S. I read on a forum post that this issue appears sometimes with gigabyte motherboards, and that updating the bios could fix it. However, it is to my understanding that this issue is a result of some conflict with UEFI and Legacy graphics drivers, which I'm not sure how updating the bios would fix. I took a few computer science classes and built my pc, but this issue seems to be above my paygrade and keeps going over my head. Im having a hard time understand what's really happening.
Thank you for your time!
-Anthony
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same setup here, with Radeon 7950.
Does anyone know what the sub options for secure boot do? ..reset keys.. or something?
Just wanted to put in a solution that worked for me on a customer's mainboard (Gigabyte B550 UD AC) with Windows 11 and Valorant. Clearing CMOS did not work until I put in a different CPU that "forced" a reset and then I finally got video. At the moment, we are testing other hardware, so we haven't updated the firmware quite yet. We will re-run Valorant afterwards (testing and firmware update) and see if that fixed the issue. So, you may need to take it to a shop that has a different CPU that is supported to force the reset.
Edit: forgot to update that Valorant game did in fact get further in the process of playing after we were able to update the UEFI firmware (BIOS)
Hi, i forgot this thread, That's good. Your solution is 1 out of 2 btw
after my issue & after I solved it, I enabled the secure boot agaaain, and the same issue happened, but this time, nothing worked.
After dayssss of searching and getting nothing, even Aorus customer support doesn't know anything except changing the CPU temporary
so I tried to use another old GPU, and it worked like a charm. "CMOS Battery was removed"
This is the final & easiest solution for this issue, there's no other way to solve it.
Change your GPU or CPU "Choose one" till you can access the BIOS and turn off this ****, then u can get back to ur old parts
Hi There. I have dealt with this issue recently and apart from all the things we are doing there's one step that will give you the results you looking for.
Simply hold pwr + reset button after you removed the cmos battery operation, hold both for 10 seconds when you power up. It will restart about twice and it hopefully will bring back your gigabyte LOGO screen.
When it does do a optimized defaults then redo XMP profile for your ram and then go into windows. Then you can get to the real problem which is the gpu driver that you have to either roll back or update but you can do more research on it. This is a driver clash between gpu and bios. Basically when you power on the bios brain doesn't recognize the gpu as eyes so the bios don't send signal to eyes for vision hence you get no signal on screen. This is not a black screen issue... Wording is important. This is a no signal issue to monitor meaning the bios dont recognize gpu so protocol not sent.
I hope you find salvation in these methods... Sadly the trusted brands are failing us with their conflicting aoftware!!!
I have a Gigabyte H310M motherboard motherboard
I changed the secure boot and TPM
After that l am facing this issue
Will performing this solution help?
try all of them but start with what I mentioned in my comments