Crashing with certain games

Anonymous
2022-06-23T22:05:32+00:00

My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no reason. Ive had multiple errors like Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_SCG3D, type 0

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 142

P2: ffffac01b6ea7010

P3: fffff8078310ab20

P4: 0

P5: 1da4

P6: 10_0_22000

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9: 

P10: 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

 and APPID 

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

 to the user DESKTOP-NRSIP0E\ericj SID (S-1-5-21-1846910190-3875670007-489966023-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3

Error occurred on GPUID: 100

I have whipped my computer completely and redownloaded windows, whipped all my graphics drivers and reinstalled them, flashed and updated my motherboard bios, undervolted my gpu, everything. Nothing works. I can recreate the problem live if needed, My Discord is Div#7776

Specs-

Intel Core i7 9700K

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

4 sticks of 8gb GSkill DDR4

WDS 1tb memory

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T19:29:24+00:00

    Not sure it may help you, but after going through support with NVIDIA and trying various things, we eventually arrived at them asking me to reseat the card - physically. I was skeptical but that resolved my issue. I also used different PSU plugs when reseating the card.

    Essentially I :

    1. Unplugged it
    2. Removed it for over 1 minute
    3. Reinstalled it
    4. Used a different combination of PSU plugs when plugging in the cables again

    That resolved the issue thus far - no more crashing. In their view it was (correctly) a hardware issue, not a software issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-17T08:55:04+00:00

    Im having the same issue and notice you have the same Gskill RAM, I disabled XMP profile on the bios and I stopped getting crashes on any game

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-31T21:37:13+00:00

    Hi there,

    I have the same error with my razer, 3080ti and It crashes at almost every game. The Witcher 3, just crash and get back to windows. With Warhammer 3 total war, screen got black then stuff appears step by step with a weird solution, sometimes the laptop even turn off itself...

    I sent the device back to razer who did a total re-instalation but issues are still there. In the windows log, the problem are:

    "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

    The following information was included with the event: 

    \Device\Video3

    Error occurred on GPUID: 100"

    Then I have the same error but with Event 14 (?)...

    I'm still in touch with Razer and clearly don't know what to do... Is it the GPU that is broke? Should they send me another machine?

    All the game at least crashes one time, crusader king 3, Warhammer 2 and 3 total war, Baldur's gate 3 and the witcher 3... It can't be just a coincidence right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T13:32:25+00:00

    same issue on asus rog strix rtx 3080 and Ac valhalla and far cry 6. Tried a clean windows installation,ddu driver clean installation and also i DoA my gpu. I also got new ram sticks. Absolutely nothing changed

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T04:13:11+00:00

    Hi Eric Jason,

    Thanks for your post in Microsoft Community.

    I noticed that one of the error messages in the description you provided was Fault bucket Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_SCG3D, type 0

    This nvlddmkm.sys is the nvidia graphics card driver file. I have carefully checked the information you provided and the operations you have tried and think the issue may have something to do with driver compatibility,

    The latest graphics driver version information of RTX2060 on Windows 10/Windows 11 is:

    Version: 516.40  ^WHQL^
    Release Date: 2022.6.15
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
    Language: English (US)
    File Size: 783.98 MB

    You can confirm the driver version through the Nvidia Experience app (provided by Nvidia) on your computer. If your computer is currently running version 516.40, you are advised to visit here and download the earlier Driver (for example GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 512.95).

    Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated. 

    Best Regards,

    Manson | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments