2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303) Install error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2023-01-11T03:57:58+00:00

It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.

That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.

Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0

Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-11T04:31:57+00:00

A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.

  • Download the Windows 11 ISO
  • Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
  • Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-01-23T14:17:42+00:00

    Hi,

    May I know the exact error you received when downloading the ISO?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-23T10:25:24+00:00

    I am also having this issue, but with Windows 10 (Computer has no TPM, so no Windows 11), I've tried all my normal troubleshooting steps for the past few months and have had no luck.

    What usually works that I've tried (which obviously hasn't worked)

    • Update from ISO
    • Update using KB
    • Clear update cache and restart services
    • Windows 10 update assistant
    • Update from cmd line
    • update from powershell
    • Windows Update troubleshooter
    • Repair from esd/wim

    Currently I am unable to update to KB5022282 or 22H2. I am on Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1348)

    I've been unable to update since the 2022-04 update (KB4023057), which is also sitting there whenever I check for updates

    I also have a problem which may be related, when running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (or any DISM for that matter), I get an error message:

    0x800f081f

    It usually goes seemingly well until 62.3% and gets stuck there, similar to repairing from wim etc

    And "Turn Windows features on or off" is blank.

    I wonder if it's something to do with KB5008212 judging by my CBS.log file - Tried repairing it from the KB download from the update catalogue from Microsoft, but it says it was already fully installed, then I tried uninstalling it with wusa /uninstall /kb:5008212, but it says it's not installed, and then, when I try to install it from the update catalogue, it says it is installed, and then that it's not installed when I try to uninstall it (etc, etc)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-22T16:55:56+00:00

    Can not download ISO, getting an error.

    Is there any other way of dealing with that particular ? Or it will give me errors all the time ?

    Thank you.

    P.S. can not even attach image here....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments