2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303) Install error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2023-01-11T03:57:58+00:00

It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.

That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.

Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0

Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-11T04:31:57+00:00

A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.

  • Download the Windows 11 ISO
  • Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
  • Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T16:28:19+00:00

    Everyone's response is very technical which is great. I don't have time nor the knowledge to install an update that I have to jump through hoops to install. If its so important. The MS needs to make it easy for the common person to update. Until then I just postpone the updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T15:23:49+00:00

    Yep every time I tried to update my computer would not boot. After I broke the code as to why I just did not update it anymore. Did the research. found all these answers do this do that. Microsoft has smart people working for them. I turn on my computer manage to send a few emails chat with my kids. I'm not about to do a job of some person who get paid 200-300k a year and then my computer poops the bed and I got to take it to a guy to fix it. NOPE MICRSOFT FIX IT OR MAYBE I'LL GO TO APPLE OR LINUX

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-13T07:24:58+00:00

    I totally agree with you. This sort of issue is due to MS technical failure. They should be forced to produce an automated fixing solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-01-11T04:11:27+00:00

    Hi,

    A repair installation should take care of such issues automatically. But if you want to fix this surgically, try this:

    Open a Command Prompt and type:

    • ver

    Pls post the output here.

    Run:

    • reg export "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing" "%temp%\cbsregistry.txt"

    Pls upload "%temp%\cbsregistry.txt" to your OneDrive/Dropbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments