DesktopWindowXamlSource now appears on my Win 10 taskbar?

Anonymous
2023-01-10T16:18:40+00:00

Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-23T09:34:57+00:00

    This worked for me.

    1. Right click blank area of Desktop
    2. Select Display Settings
    3. click MultiTasking
    4. Set Virtual Desktops "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on" **** to Only the desktop I'm using

    @patdw: this definitely helped getting rid of the bug, although I don't know what other implications it might have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments