that is wonderful, are you able to see word and excel files in the preview panel, too?
Windows 11 File Explorer Preview Pane for PDF files not working consistently
I am running Windows 11 version 21H2 patched up to date and have noticed this problem recently, although I am not sure exactly when it started in relation to recent patches.
When I open a folder the preview pane shows "Select a file to preview".
Selecting a .jpg file shows the preview.
Selecting a .doc file shows "No preview available" - expected as I do not have Microsoft Office.
Selecting a .pdf file causes the preview pane to go blank.
My solution is to untick the Show Preview Pane option, close explorer, open explorer, tick the Show Preview Pane option.
Selecting a .pdf file now shows the preview. (This does not work without closing explorer and reopening it.)
Has anyone else experienced this, and more to the point, does anyone know of a fix?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-11-13T22:27:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-11-11T10:39:46+00:00 I have uninstalled Powertoys and the bottom right of the preview pane shows the current page number and number of pages as in "2 of 3".
-
Anonymous
2023-11-11T10:30:19+00:00 Fixed what. Power toys doesn’t show number of pages for me. A missing need
-
Anonymous
2023-11-11T09:45:15+00:00 Hi 5584,
I have two suggestions.
The first is to simply wait for a few weeks until the next Windows update. This may fix it.
The second is to uninstall Powertoys. This fixed it for me.
Good luck.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-11T01:18:45+00:00 Hi, I am having a problem with my Windows 11 on preview pane is not working for a PDF if I use Powertoys software it's not give me the better experience like how many pages are in the PDF and other issues. Kindly help and make an update to fix it properly thanks