Hello there,
"HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331" is an update that is really annoying me. It has always been there since the day I got my laptop. (Its been over a year)
At first, whenever I would check for windows update, this update would pop up every time, and would install and go away. Every time. This happened every single time I checked for an update.
Yesterday, I checked for an update, and sure enough, this update popped up. But instead of installing and going away, it gave me an install error. And no matter how many times I retry to install it, it doesn't install and keeps on giving me an install error.
I cant even check for updates now, unless this thing is installed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
hi Roshaan Umar
I had the same problem as you but I managed to solve it now, I don't know if you still solved it,
the problem is obviously about the printer drivers you have, I've done a lot of research but unfortunately there aren't many solutions on the internet, the only solution I've been able to solve by myself is that you have to manually install your printer through the settings windows ( 11) necessarily so the Windows Update error will disappear and will be resolved, once finished restart your PC and it will no longer give you errors it will disappear, these steps are done with the printer turned on and connected through a wifi network of the same home network with which you are also connected with your PC.
remember that you must first remove all printer drivers that are connected to your pc from the windows settings,
1 Pass.
GO TO SETTINGS
2 Step:
Bluetooth and Devices
3 Step
PRINTERS AND SCANNERS
4 Step
Click on "ADD DEVICE" wait a few minutes until "ADD MANUALLY" appears below
5 Step
Click on "ADD MANUALLY"
once you click SELECT "ADD A BLUETOOTH, WIRELSS, OR IDENTIFYABLE PRINTER ON THE NETWORK"
6 Step
SELECT YOUR PRINTER (already connected to the home wifi) and after that continue with the manual installation by going ahead and then by itself it will install all the old and new drivers and thus correct the WINDOWS UPDATE error once the I restart your PC and re-enter WINDOWS Update and the error will be gone. don't worry, you can also leave your printer connected to your PC.
Let me know
Thank you...