Windows 11 upgrade

Anonymous
2022-10-10T09:28:18+00:00

When loading the Windows 11 upgrade, which gets to the Installing up to 36%, then messages me to Manually Uninstall Zemana antilogger which I could not find on my system, so what do I do now?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T11:23:52+00:00

    I've had exactly the same problem; the only way through this is to reinstall windows 11 via the iso file on MS website

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T14:39:14+00:00

    I've had exactly the same problem; the only way through this is to reinstall windows 11 via the iso file on MS website

    Matthew: I'm glad that worked for you. Thanks for your feeedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T14:40:19+00:00

    You can try Nirsoft Regscanner and do a search for StopZilla (instead of zam.exe).

    Ok the regedit deletions I did appear to have worked, and the 22HC upgrade finally got pushed thru! Just woke up to check if they worked, and they did. Thanks for your assistance!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T14:45:47+00:00

    Glad to know that. Thanks for the feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-18T10:32:37+00:00

    I struggled with this same issue when helping with an upgrade to Win 11. Got this message from the installer:

    zemana antilogger - Manually uninstall
    Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with windows 11
    Error code 0xc1900209

    The product did not appear to be installed, however there was a ZAM_Guard service running. I stopped and removed this and deleted the driver .sys file but the issue remained.

    I found this article

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-cant-complete-due-to-error-some/59404919-d635-4e0c-9f54-bbc8fc24b843

    which shows how to locate a file that is blocking an upgrade. I followed the process and found that the process was blocked by ZAM.exe in ...Program Files (x86)\Phoenix360\MalwareKiller. It looks like this was lying around from an old installation of an app that was uninstalled a long time ago.

    Deleting this folder resolved the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments