Please type the command exactly as i posted. It is a single line command. Copy the command i gave and paste it in the cmd window.
Window Installer not found in services.msc
I want to install autocad app in my pc when I try to install it an error appear which says "The Window installer could not be assessed". when I go into local services there is no window installer in the list. I really need to fix this error so that i can install my app.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2022-10-25T14:58:23+00:00 Hi Aleena,
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Press the Windows key + R to open the run dialog
Paste this into the box msiexec.exe /unreg and click OK.
Wait a couple of seconds
Press the Windows key + R to open the run dialog
Paste this into the box msiexec.exe /regserver and click OK.
Then check if you can ru that installer.
If you still cannot run the installer, are you able to install other 3rd party software, and if so are they exe or msi installer files?
-
Anonymous
2022-10-26T06:43:37+00:00 1. Yes i run both commands but same answer appear
- I'm using window 10 pro 64-bit operating system
-
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2022-10-26T06:34:18+00:00 Hi Aleena,
1
Did you include the exe part of that command?
And did you then run this command even if the first one failed?
msiexec.exe /regserver
2
Open the Settings App, then go to System - About, what edition (Home, Pro or S Mode) of Windows is installed on your PC?
-
Anonymous
2022-10-26T04:38:32+00:00 When i paste msiexec /unreg in the run dialog a message appear which says " windows cannot find 'msiexec.exe'. make sure you typed the name correctly and try again"