Windows 11 start bar blank

Anonymous
2021-10-31T02:13:27+00:00

Hi,

So I updated to Windows 11 yesterday.. all was fine, reboots etc no issues..

Loaded up today and was all fine then windows said there was an update, downloaded and installed rebooted and now my startmenu/bar loads blank only the arrow on the far right has anything load into it.. click buttons / icons are all not there..

Window key + short cuts do not work at all, i have to open task manager and restart windows explorer to get it running.

In an effort to fix this i downloaded the windows start menu trouble shooter which says it finds an issue but cant fix it giving this error

The current user needs to have permissions to access the following registry key: HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global

I have also run various commands in powershell etc as found on the web that people have had success with to no avail for me.

I have rebooted into safe mode and the bar seems to load fine there, done a repair install of windows 11 still no luck on the bar..

I have spoken to MS Support they re-ran all the stuff i did and told me to do the re-pair install still no luck..

I refuse to do a clean install i cant afford to lose all my stuff let alone spend a week downloading and re-installing everything all overagain and getting it all set back up again.

I am hoping someone out there will be able to help :(

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T20:59:49+00:00

    Anyone got anything else to try?

    This is still a massive issue and no matter how many times (Iv stopped trying now) I try all the stuff listed earlier nothing fixes this issue :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-12T04:04:47+00:00

    Forgive me if I missed this when I just scrolled through the thread to check, but have you gone into Task Manager, select Show More Details, on Processes tab, scroll almost to the bottom to Windows Explorer, highlight and End Task. Reopen File Explorer. Any change on TaskBar?

    Hello,

    Sorry I never got a email stating I had a reply but was coming to post a update.

    Yes the only way to get the taskbar to work is restarting Explorer (was in one of the other posts but its easy to miss bits i know from experience lol)

    So I have a .bat file on my desktop when taskbar breaks i run it.. sometimes once others 10 times before it fixes.

    I have found a temporary fix but the issue always comes back after awhile... restarting explorer and signing out (not restart just sign out) and logging back in seems to fix the task bar for awhile but eventually it does break again :(

    I have re-run every single suggestion doing full shut down and load ups after each with no luck at all....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-02T08:03:26+00:00

    Forgive me if I missed this when I just scrolled through the thread to check, but have you gone into Task Manager, select Show More Details, on Processes tab, scroll almost to the bottom to Windows Explorer, highlight and End Task. Reopen File Explorer. Any change on TaskBar?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments