In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?

Anonymous
2021-11-25T00:50:39+00:00

I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T12:58:58+00:00

    I was banned for no reason whatsoever and I had never left a comment.

    ELABORATE MICROSOFT and stop banning people for no apparent explanation.

    Farrier - 10/9/23

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-26T19:32:38+00:00

    It is legal. Though definitely anti consumerist in nature.

    People often confuse legal protections in regards to personal property.

    For example, the state guarantees your right to free speech. This protects you from prosecution for exercising that right, even if what you have to say is abhorrent in nature.

    But that does not mean you have a right to do so on privately owned property, online or in person. This is why when someone gets kicked out of a store for your speech, or defying policies it is not an infringement on your rights.

    Consider this, would you be happy if you were legally unable to have someone removed from your home because they were swearing or being rude? You can trespass anyone for any reason because it is your property.

    The same applies whenever you enter a store or are on someone else's (person or corporate) property.

    Furthermore, some have retorted the argument that because it is a place of business, personal property protections do not apply. If you subscribe to that belief then great, next time you have a garage or lawn sale, I'll be pleased to enter your home and park myself in your living room to watch tv.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-12T18:49:40+00:00

    I never had anything posted before

    while trying to reply on Ashley Judd - it was said that I was banned ?? for violating guidelines ??

    HUH ??? LMAO

    this is crazy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more