this happened to me just now
In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?
I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.
Windows for home | Other | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
61 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-10-14T02:11:07+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-17T12:01:33+00:00 I don't really know why I'm reading this or replying. I just care less and less about social media and why they would ban me in to begin with. I never post anything without sources that's controversial. I'm fairly liberal in my thinking, but more conservative in moral values and gov. spending. I'm more interested in 1st amendment rights. If social media companies, follow that I'm good. Peace out! Jennifer Contoplianos.
-
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-06-18T09:42:33+00:00 <removed>
That doesn't answer anything at all. How do you get a violation? How do you appeal? What was my specific violation? These are all things that need to be addressed with people that ask. I have the same questions and the same issue.
[snip]
3. Then as soon as I started trying to comment on a news article I was told I was indefinitely banned.
[snip]
1. I live in Fargo North Dakota, and there is a Microsoft building here. I wonder if I should be bold enough to walk in and ask them what the heck is going on.
Yeah that would be seen as crazy probably. Somebody coming in person? I'd probably be led out as a potential threat.
2. I guess I'll start with a phone call.
- You can't really think that will help. ;-)
- There is no chance that you will get help with this if you contact Microsoft Support via phone, chat or email.
- Would be easier to create a new Microsoft account to use with MSN, but...
I wish I knew of a better way but one user with the same problem became unbanned after submitting her appeal via the Feedback link that's on nearly every MSN page once per day for (I think she wrote) about 6 weeks.
Don
-
Anonymous
2023-04-01T23:35:10+00:00 Thank you Linda, But I guess maybe I should have put a big "To" in front of the title header to Don Vernau, as that's who the reply is to.
I'm George Hewiit3 .... the author of the reply to Don Vernau, who is a Volunteer Moderator. Lol.
But again, thank you nonetheless.
And I salute your Dad, My Dad was a WW2 veteran as well. The "Unknown force of oppression" is actually known, but I can guarantee you that naming names is a GUARANTEED T.O.S. violation.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more