Actually my MSI Stealth Pro with the Core I7-6700 meets ALL of Windows 11 requirements except for the 6700HQ bit. It fully supports TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, UEFI, AHCI, ect. It also has an NVidia GTX 10 series GPU and is still far more capable the many of mid-grade laptops that "can" run Win 11. Surprisingly, it ran Win 11 just as well as my Alienware M17 R5. I honestly have no clue as to the problems Microsoft is reporting as I have personally seen zero. In typical Microsoft fashion, they make a claim and provide no supporting documentation to back up those claims. Even more interesting I saw a PC with a Core Duo processor running Win 11; go figure. It was annoyingly slow,but appeared to be very stable.
Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?
Hi there,
The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?
Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,
Thank you!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-11-14T12:46:54+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-01-03T20:34:31+00:00 I have now purchased a MacBook Air with their M1 chip and an iPad 13".... All is good!
-
Anonymous
2023-01-21T21:17:45+00:00 I use an Intel core i7-6700HQ with Windows 10 and want to upgrade to Windows 11.
I do not ask why Microsoft is not supporting this Intel core i7-6700HQ as lot of people managed to get it work.
I do ask why Microsoft is ignoring all our messages to make it possible. The upgrade check tool still reports "Dieser PC unterstützt derzeit die Systemanforderungen für Windows 11 nicht".
So, please, Microsoft Support, make it possible, if you are not allowed, then please ask your top management about. Its a shame.
Hans
-
Anonymous
2023-03-25T06:00:35+00:00 I have Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz in my HP ENVY 17". I was using Win 10 64bit Professional and running the MS application to see if my PC was eligible for Win 11 upgrade but it gave me the message "Dieser PC unterstützt derzeit die Systemanforderungen für Windows 11 nicht" (I am living in Germany and the original language for my OS was Deutsch, that I later changed to English).
I decided nevertheless to try Win 11 installation, modifying the Registry with Registry Editor as suggested by several posts in the net.
Surprise!!! It works and I must say it works quite well!!! I have access to all the upgrades and the installed apps are all working fine.
I am publishing this post to share my experience with other people facing the same problem.
-
Anonymous
2023-07-02T20:22:23+00:00 I am still curious about this. I have an alienware with the same processor it has 4 cores, PC health check app only points out my processor for incompatibility everything else is fine. It meets the 2-core and 1 GHz minimum requirements for the processor. Im considering downloading and trying it out. I wish it was a little more detailed or somewhere we could go to actually verify because it doesn't feel like enough of an explanation on its own when it does meet the hardware requirements just my processor isn't supported, I wish I knew the reason, idk if maybe they just don't want people using that older generation.