incredibile scelta...
i7 è ancora della famiglia x86...quindi di che compatibilità parliamo ?
atom supporta win11 un rutto di processore...
una volta scaduto e non mantenibile win10 ci buttero' su una buona edizione di linux.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi there,
The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?
Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,
Thank you!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
incredibile scelta...
i7 è ancora della famiglia x86...quindi di che compatibilità parliamo ?
atom supporta win11 un rutto di processore...
una volta scaduto e non mantenibile win10 ci buttero' su una buona edizione di linux.
I own an Acer Predator Helios 300.
I7-7700HQ.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
2× 1TSSD
(32GB)DDR4-2666 gaming memory
My laptop is still more capable than half or more of what's on the market today not strictly speaking in terms of gaming machines. However the rating of my laptop has dropped on every sales platform along with its value since the arrival of windows 11. It was at one point considered a solid gaming machine for anyone not looking to spend 4 grand. You can barely give these things away today. That isn't normal considering it's still able to play most triple A titles on high graphics. While it's a capable machine, nobody wants a laptop that can't run the latest version of its operating system. I don't want a laptop that can't run the latest version of its operating system. I honestly can't figure out other than the obvious financial incentives why you couldn't release a version of windows 11 for I7-7700HQ machines. It is bad business. For more reasons than 1. (1) it's a high end processor that's more than capable of running windows 11. (2) almost every device carrying this processor was very expensive for the customer. They are not cheap to replace just because Microsoft didn't want to make a backwards compatible version of windows. (3) you've alienated nearly every gamer on the planet that owns one. That's a big number of your customers. If windows didn't have a strangle hold on the market I personally would never buy one again. I will never buy a brand new windows gaming PC again. I've owned that laptop for about 3 years. I know it just turned 5 years along with the 7700HQ but it was sold for about 3 years
(4) perception
Here is a copy paste exert from a reddit from a reddit question about why the 7700hq is not capable of running windows 11. This is voted the number 1 response.
Windows 11 seems to be the most shameless push for hardware upgrades by software in decades. Scalpers already bought out all physical TPM 2.0 modules everywhere...
I could keep going but I'm out of time
I have installed Windows 11 on HP Envy Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz @ 2.60GHz and it works fine, thank you very much. I was reticent and sceptical about Win 11 but now after a few tweaks (thanks again) I DO like it. . But no thanks to Microsoft for barring countless Windows 10 users to upgrade to Windows 11 for no valid reason, in my view.
Manuel - from La Mancha in Spain
Hi there,
The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?
Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,
Thank you!
Agreed! I even had this processor in the Insider program with windows 11 for over a year without any crashes!
It works perfectly well.
All apps work.
Microsoft is pushing the world to more polution by pushing us to buy new equiptment.
ICore i7-6700 CPU @2.60GHZ meets all necessary specs
TPM is working, I have 16GB Ram, Secure startup, Storage over 1 TB and SSD256
4cores
I have had my Laptop in the Insider program with windows 11 for over a year without any crashes!
It works perfectly well.
All apps work.
Microsoft is pushing the world to more polution by pushing us to buy new equiptment.
SPECS:
ICore i7-6700 CPU @2.60GHZ meets all necessary specs
Secure setup is working
TPM is working, I have 16GB Ram,
Storage over 1 TB and SSD256
4cores
Come on Microsoft stop pushing people to buy stuff