SLAT
SLAT
SLAT
SLAT
windws 11 runs in a hyper v.
SLAT
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi there,
The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?
Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,
Thank you!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
SLAT
SLAT
SLAT
SLAT
windws 11 runs in a hyper v.
SLAT
I have a gigabyte laptop with this processor with nvidea gfx and want to use win 11....
i7-6700 is supported but not i7-6700HQ... confused as to why... should i just run it anyways?
I have no idea why it's not supported. It is an old unit, (3Q/2015) I have a i7-6700K (2 desktops) also (3Q/2015). Purchased 2017, I loaded Win 11 from scratch and re-installed all my apps and they work fine. Patches also worked. My opinion is either MS or Dell which I use want you to buy new equipment. The CPUs have not failed so far. My opinion may be wrong, but i doubt it. Just a money-making scam. I am going to try VMWARE and then run Win11. I'll wait to 2025 to upgrade if I need to. May not need a PC then, probably will be able to run anything from my I-pad or I-phone by then. (I am retired anyway)
Good luck.
I would like to see that test, I am using Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz and this processor does very well in Bench Mark tests, including supporting VM's in the background. because if that is the case some of the newer computers being produced with smaller processors are able to support Windows 11 explain that one.
beh ritengo che la decisione di microsoft sia abbastanza discutibile anche in relazione al fatto che si tratta di un quad core e supporta il TPM 2.0
Mi sembra che in questa fase critica dell'economia sia un autogoal perchè tante persone non hanno ne voglia e ne soldi da mettere su un nuovo pc (soprattutto sul desktop).