Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?

Anonymous
2021-10-13T03:29:44+00:00

Hi there,

The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?

Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-11T09:46:14+00:00

    Your Windows 10 version is quite old and will be out of support soon. That's why it's telling you to update.

    Try the following and see if it works.

    First of all, take a backup. Before updating, it's good to do so.

    Don't worry, your data and apps won't be deleted.

    Go to the following website:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

    Click on Update now button. This will download a file.

    Run that file and update your computer to the latest build of Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. JX313 7,055 Reputation points
    2022-02-11T09:58:50+00:00

    Misinformation. 1809 went out of support on Nov 10 2020. 20H2 will go out of support this May.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-16T19:53:28+00:00

    What this means is that a machine that has 52% more kernel mode crashes than a machine that is 99.8% crash free is that the machine in question is only 99.7% crash free.

    That's because the 99.8% crash free machines had 0.2% crashes and 52% more than that is 0.3% crashes. So all machines tested average out to at least 99.7% crash free.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T01:21:04+00:00

    I could not do an upgrade of the -Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6700- 3.40GHz 32 GB memory (Dell 8900) - I did do a clean install of Windows 11, it worked, reloaded all my applications and it ran fine with no issues. No crashes and the patches loaded with no problems. I have 2 of these Desktops which cost over 1500.00 each in 2017-2018. I really would like an explanation from MS. Something I can understand, not BS. These 2 machines are very fast and never have I had an issue. I can't believe I have to buy 2 new desktops. There is no route to upgrade the CPU on the Dell motherboards either. I am totally disgusted now with MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-23T14:41:27+00:00

    Devices that do meet the minimum system requirements had a 99,8% crash free experience, so the crash experience is 0.2%. If devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements had 52% more kernel mode crashes, so it crash 0.304% :) Strange info... Or so why intel core i7-6700HQ doesn't meet minimum system requirement?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments