Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?

Anonymous
2021-10-13T03:29:44+00:00

Hi there,

The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?

Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T03:56:19+00:00

    If your computer isn't compatible, it won't upgrade.

    Download and run this app to see if your PC's compatible or not.

    aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp

    If you mean normal security updates, those are normal. You'll receive updates and support for Windows 10 until October 2025.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T16:51:10+00:00

    I keep getting this message. The laptop shuts down, begins installing updated OS, and then never completes the install. It just remains hung up indefinitely. I have to manually power down twice and then changes are uninstalled, until this cycle begins all over again a few days later. Here is the most recent message from a few mins ago:

    But when I run a PC Health check, here is the message I receive:

    Yet your software won't stop trying to install the latest version of Windows.

    How can this be resolved??

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-09T20:11:39+00:00

    Here is another example of this message - I just re-started the laptop this morning and now three hours later I am being assailed again with more messages. I have no problem upgrading to the latest version of Windows but the installation does not work and according to PC Health Check my processor disqualifies me.

    Again how can I turn this off? Or how can I make the install work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-11T04:17:23+00:00

    I think you are running an older version of Windows 10.

    Press Windows+R and type winver.

    Press enter.

    Can you send a screenshot of that window? (make sure you don't include any personal information like email, etc. in the screenshot)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-11T06:42:38+00:00

    This is the Windows version:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments