Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?

Anonymous
2021-10-13T03:29:44+00:00

Hi there,

The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?

Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-14T23:45:14+00:00

    I have no idea why it's not supported. It is an old unit, (3Q/2015) I have a i7-6700K (2 desktops) also (3Q/2015). Purchased 2017, I loaded Win 11 from scratch and re-installed all my apps and they work fine. Patches also worked. My opinion is either MS or Dell which I use want you to buy new equipment. The CPUs have not failed so far. My opinion may be wrong, but i doubt it. Just a money-making scam. I am going to try VMWARE and then run Win11. I'll wait to 2025 to upgrade if I need to. May not need a PC then, probably will be able to run anything from my I-pad or I-phone by then. (I am retired anyway)

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T13:55:15+00:00

    I have a gigabyte laptop with this processor with nvidea gfx and want to use win 11....

    i7-6700 is supported but not i7-6700HQ... confused as to why... should i just run it anyways?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-27T10:02:59+00:00

    SLAT

    SLAT

    SLAT

    SLAT

    windws 11 runs in a hyper v.

    SLAT

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-23T14:41:27+00:00

    Devices that do meet the minimum system requirements had a 99,8% crash free experience, so the crash experience is 0.2%. If devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements had 52% more kernel mode crashes, so it crash 0.304% :) Strange info... Or so why intel core i7-6700HQ doesn't meet minimum system requirement?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T01:21:04+00:00

    I could not do an upgrade of the -Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6700- 3.40GHz 32 GB memory (Dell 8900) - I did do a clean install of Windows 11, it worked, reloaded all my applications and it ran fine with no issues. No crashes and the patches loaded with no problems. I have 2 of these Desktops which cost over 1500.00 each in 2017-2018. I really would like an explanation from MS. Something I can understand, not BS. These 2 machines are very fast and never have I had an issue. I can't believe I have to buy 2 new desktops. There is no route to upgrade the CPU on the Dell motherboards either. I am totally disgusted now with MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments