Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?

Anonymous
2021-10-13T03:29:44+00:00

Hi there,

The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?

Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-21T21:17:45+00:00

    I use an Intel core i7-6700HQ with Windows 10 and want to upgrade to Windows 11.

    I do not ask why Microsoft is not supporting this Intel core i7-6700HQ as lot of people managed to get it work.

    I do ask why Microsoft is ignoring all our messages to make it possible. The upgrade check tool still reports "Dieser PC unterstützt derzeit die Systemanforderungen für Windows 11 nicht".

    So, please, Microsoft Support, make it possible, if you are not allowed, then please ask your top management about. Its a shame.

    Hans

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-03T20:34:31+00:00

    I have now purchased a MacBook Air with their M1 chip and an iPad 13".... All is good!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-14T12:46:54+00:00

    Actually my MSI Stealth Pro with the Core I7-6700 meets ALL of Windows 11 requirements except for the 6700HQ bit. It fully supports TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, UEFI, AHCI, ect. It also has an NVidia GTX 10 series GPU and is still far more capable the many of mid-grade laptops that "can" run Win 11. Surprisingly, it ran Win 11 just as well as my Alienware M17 R5. I honestly have no clue as to the problems Microsoft is reporting as I have personally seen zero. In typical Microsoft fashion, they make a claim and provide no supporting documentation to back up those claims. Even more interesting I saw a PC with a Core Duo processor running Win 11; go figure. It was annoyingly slow,but appeared to be very stable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-11T12:13:05+00:00

    I have had my Laptop in the Insider program with windows 11 for over a year without any crashes!
    It works perfectly well.

    All apps work.

    Microsoft is pushing the world to more polution by pushing us to buy new equiptment.

    SPECS:

    ICore i7-6700 CPU @2.60GHZ meets all necessary specs
    Secure setup is working
    TPM is working, I have 16GB Ram,

    Storage over 1 TB and SSD256

    4cores

    Come on Microsoft stop pushing people to buy stuff

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-11T12:11:17+00:00

    Agreed! I even had this processor in the Insider program with windows 11 for over a year without any crashes!
    It works perfectly well.

    All apps work.
    Microsoft is pushing the world to more polution by pushing us to buy new equiptment.
    ICore i7-6700 CPU @2.60GHZ meets all necessary specs

    TPM is working, I have 16GB Ram, Secure startup, Storage over 1 TB and SSD256

    4cores

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments