Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?

Anonymous
2021-10-13T03:29:44+00:00

Hi there,

The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?

Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T13:50:39+00:00

    Once again i want to say that i installed win 11 since months now in my intel i7.6700.hq hp envy 17 laptop and it is working fine without any problems. I just followed the MS instructions to by-pass the check and installed Win 11 without any difficulties. I hope this will help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T13:55:15+00:00

    I have a gigabyte laptop with this processor with nvidea gfx and want to use win 11....

    i7-6700 is supported but not i7-6700HQ... confused as to why... should i just run it anyways?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-14T12:46:54+00:00

    Actually my MSI Stealth Pro with the Core I7-6700 meets ALL of Windows 11 requirements except for the 6700HQ bit. It fully supports TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, UEFI, AHCI, ect. It also has an NVidia GTX 10 series GPU and is still far more capable the many of mid-grade laptops that "can" run Win 11. Surprisingly, it ran Win 11 just as well as my Alienware M17 R5. I honestly have no clue as to the problems Microsoft is reporting as I have personally seen zero. In typical Microsoft fashion, they make a claim and provide no supporting documentation to back up those claims. Even more interesting I saw a PC with a Core Duo processor running Win 11; go figure. It was annoyingly slow,but appeared to be very stable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-10T18:52:51+00:00

    I have installed Windows 11 on HP Envy Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz @ 2.60GHz and it works fine, thank you very much. I was reticent and sceptical about Win 11 but now after a few tweaks (thanks again) I DO like it. . But no thanks to Microsoft for barring countless Windows 10 users to upgrade to Windows 11 for no valid reason, in my view.

    Manuel - from La Mancha in Spain

    Hi there,

    The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?

    Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-15T14:15:11+00:00

    I don't know which tests they performed, as I don't work with/for them.

    If you read the blog, in the Reliability section, they have said:

    Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements had 52% more kernel mode crashes. Devices that do meet the minimum system requirements had a 99.8% crash free experience.

    This might be the reason why they didn't include older processors.

    To get more about the processors, just go to the blog that I gave, press Ctrl+F and type processors.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments