after updating to windows 11 i lose the taskbar at the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2021-10-16T11:13:48+00:00

I have a Microsoft surface 3 laptop. After I update to windows 11 I lose the taskbar at the bottom, I have installed the most recent updates. Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-18T10:51:44+00:00

    Glad your problem is solved!

    Feel free to mark the reply/replies as the answer which helped you.

    Just click on the Yes button below that reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-18T10:01:15+00:00

    Oh my bad , the first command is wrong

    It had typos !! sorry

    Again follow the steps to reach this screen

    Image

    Copy paste the following command

    Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

    Let it complete

    then copy paste the following
    Sfc/scannow

    Let this also finish

    then again copy paste the following

    Shutdown –r –f –t 00 (Please save all the work before the command as this will restart the Pc )

    See if the Taskbar returns

    Thanks

    Cheers

    Then reply back to here

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T11:01:12+00:00

    Okay.

    So do you think of upgrading to Windows 11?

    If yes, follow the steps in my previous reply.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-16T12:53:43+00:00

    I updated to windows 11 from windows and now no taskbar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-16T11:21:36+00:00

    Hi

    What do you mean by I lose the taskbar? Do you mean the taskbar is missing? Can you send a screenshot of your screen?

    Also, press Windows+R and type winver. Press enter.

    Send a screenshot again.

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments