Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver

Anonymous
2021-10-09T17:45:16+00:00

Hello...

I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.

After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".

Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.

I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.

If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-15T15:29:44+00:00

    Спасибо! Помогло!

    Добавлю, что в SlUtility64.exe две кнопки PC и Printer. Обе нужно деактивировать.

    После этого достаточно повторно запустить установку HpSetup.exe и принтер установиться до конца.

    Мой принтер HP LaserJet P1102.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T05:24:13+00:00

    After wasting several hours toying around with HP Smart, Windows printer install, etc., I was able to re-install the LaserJet P1102W but the installation would not recognize double-sided printing.

    Then I used the old-fashioned way. First, I uninstalled the printer. Then I connected the USB cable from the printer to the PC. I went to the downloaded folder from the HP website for this printer's installer. I double-clicked HPSetup.exe and selected the options for WiFi printing for an already installed printer.

    Everything now works out correctly, including double-sided printing.

    Old-school installation trumps all the other ways, none of which is without its flaws.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T08:06:39+00:00

    Thank you very much, worked for me in window 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T18:52:25+00:00

    Yeah definitely Smart Install and Smart Panel doesn't works.

    There is a weird issue that:

    in control panel of Windows 7 shows 2 printers

    into setting of Win10 before to install it show printer as device and not printer.

    Regarding P1102 USB install is a nightmare because even if you add manually for some weird reason it doesn't show the HP usb port.

    I don't know exactly what I did to finally showing it into port list but I used: C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe Shlomi

    several times.

    I think its also important to disable smart printer process with SIUtility.

    It gives you 2 options to disable from PC and from printer, mush better use the printer option and select the p1100 series.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T20:08:37+00:00

    Огромное спасибо, Константин! Только ваш способ и помог решить проблему. Инструкцию от ZvonimirPilih выполнить не удавалось, поскольку USB-порт отсутствовал в списке для установки принтера вручную.

    В моём случае проблема выглядела так. Чистая установка W11, "Добавление принтера" – принтер добавился автоматически, будучи обнаруженным в локальной сети по вайфаю. Однако при отправке на печать документы очень долго загружались в принтер, некоторые страницы терялись, некоторые распечатывались минут через 10 повторно, принтер глючил, отваливаясь после отправки каждого задания от вайфая и переходя вдруг в режим CD-ROM и обратно. Попытки подключить его через USB-кабель оканчивались разными ошибками, либо он просто не был виден.

    Many thanks, Konstantin! Only your way and helped to solve the problem. The instruction from ZvonimirPilih could not be followed because the USB port was not in the list for installing the printer manually.

    In my case, the problem looked like this. Clean installation of W11, "Adding a printer" - the printer was added automatically, being detected on the local network via Wi-Fi. For data transmission with no request, the IPP + WSD combination was chosen. However, when sending documents for printing, it took a very long time to load documents into the printer, some pages were lost, some were printed again after 10 minutes, the printer was buggy, falling off after sending each print job from Wi-Fi and suddenly switching to CD-ROM mode and back. Attempts to connect it via a USB cable ended in various errors, or it simply was not visible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments