What do you mean with over the network? And witch kind of driver did you use? win10 or less?
Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver
Hello...
I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.
After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".
Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.
I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.
If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for your time.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-01-03T16:00:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-01-27T19:52:01+00:00 I've got the same trouble but with HP LaserJet P1102, not HP LaserJet P1102W. Is any solution? Windows 11 can't install driver.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-28T20:36:53+00:00 Same problem here. I've tried all the combinations of compatibility mode and still no luck. Has anyone been able to successfully get their LJ P1102W to install in Windows 11?
-
Anonymous
2022-01-29T14:39:58+00:00 Microsoft stubbornly ignores the problem and does not want to solve it. I wrote HP Support and still not get any answer. Is anyone who already resolved this trouble?
-
Anonymous
2022-02-04T15:29:26+00:00 I had the same problem. There is an updated driver dated 2021 on the HP site. Download the driver. Remove your current HP printer using the Control Panel/printers. Have a printer cable ready. (Yeah totally old style install, but it installs the WiFi). Install the downloaded HP driver and follow the instructions which include connecting the printer to your PC or laptop with the printer cable and disconnecting. Mine works fine now.