Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver

Anonymous
2021-10-09T17:45:16+00:00

Hello...

I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.

After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".

Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.

I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.

If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T01:12:39+00:00

    it would be best if you used the HP print scan troubleshooter. it works flawlessly...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T22:00:28+00:00

    I had the same problem.

    1st: I had the printer already configured for NETWORK connection (that is, with IP).
    2nd: Install the printer via NETWORK (make sure it prints).
    3rd: Install again now via USB cable (make sure it prints), and that's it.
    4th: Optional you can delete the printer installed by RED.
    
    I hope it helps you.
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-01T18:27:15+00:00

    That did not work for me, BUT the HP "Print & Scan Doctor" finally enabled me to connect and set up the printer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments