Same problem here. I've tried all the combinations of compatibility mode and still no luck. Has anyone been able to successfully get their LJ P1102W to install in Windows 11?
Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver
Hello...
I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.
After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".
Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.
I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.
If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for your time.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-01-28T20:36:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-01-27T19:52:01+00:00 I've got the same trouble but with HP LaserJet P1102, not HP LaserJet P1102W. Is any solution? Windows 11 can't install driver.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-03T16:00:23+00:00 What do you mean with over the network? And witch kind of driver did you use? win10 or less?
-
Anonymous
2021-12-27T11:10:58+00:00 For anyone still trying to scavenge for solutions, Here's my solution:
I tried with all of compatibility modes, trying to install over USB, none worked.
When I tried to install over the network (Without any compatibility mode), it worked flawlessly!
Good Luck!
-
Anonymous
2021-10-09T23:27:16+00:00 I'm glad that it worked, Soneghet. If the solution was helpful in any way, please consider marking it as answered to help other users who may encounter the same issue. Take care! :)