Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver

Anonymous
2021-10-09T17:45:16+00:00

Hello...

I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.

After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".

Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.

I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.

If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-07T15:59:25+00:00

    Paulo, thanks.

    By installing the new driver, the problem was solved

    Where did you find the new driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-07T10:43:14+00:00

    Paulo, thanks.

    By installing the new driver, the problem was solved and there was no need to go to the "Properties" section

    Thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-04T15:30:22+00:00

    I had the same problem. There is an updated driver dated 2021 on the HP site. Download the driver. Remove your current HP printer using the Control Panel/printers. Have a printer cable ready. (Yeah totally old style install, but it installs the WiFi). Install the downloaded HP driver and follow the instructions which include connecting the printer to your PC or laptop with the printer cable and disconnecting. Mine works fine now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-04T15:29:26+00:00

    I had the same problem. There is an updated driver dated 2021 on the HP site. Download the driver. Remove your current HP printer using the Control Panel/printers. Have a printer cable ready. (Yeah totally old style install, but it installs the WiFi). Install the downloaded HP driver and follow the instructions which include connecting the printer to your PC or laptop with the printer cable and disconnecting. Mine works fine now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-29T14:39:58+00:00

    Microsoft stubbornly ignores the problem and does not want to solve it. I wrote HP Support and still not get any answer. Is anyone who already resolved this trouble?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments