Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver

Anonymous
2021-10-09T17:45:16+00:00

Hello...

I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.

After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".

Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.

I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.

If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-19T09:57:20+00:00

    There's this gem, HP Laserjet P1102 installation wizard I've been using for years now. This works without prior installation from the HP software website. Uninstall the printer if already installed.

    I stumbled upon this years back after days of frustration trying to install the HP printer software /drivers to my windows 10 PC. I have just installed the same old printer (P1102) to a windows 11 PC and it works. It works as well for P1102w, simply select the printer desired during installation.

    Simply copy the link below, open START, paste to SEARCH, enter and follow prompts, ...boom!

    C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe Shlomi

    Credit to the genius who uploaded this years ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-04T15:05:02+00:00

    Good for you but your device a little different you've got the 1102w

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-04T04:33:06+00:00

    Same problem to install and setup this printer hp p1102w BUT I did get it to work finally...

    HP website is hard to use and does not seem to work. Here's the page for drivers for win 10: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306

    As noted above this is the main driver link? https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-12/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157037_1.exe

    But I could not get it to work...

    There is also a utility called HP Print & Scan doctor so I tried that. Again I could not download from HP but if you google it you can find other download sites.

    It took a while to install and then to find my printer on the network but after several tries it did find it and INSTALL it successfully. I just printed on it so I can verify that it works!

    So YES it is possible to get this printer working in Windows 11. Neither HP nor Microsoft seem to want to help you to do this, but it can be done!

    You may read elsewhere that this printer is "not" compatible: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-driver-for-hp-lj-p1102-in-windows/5713dd89-9066-4a70-8af5-0ebbef8d4840

    Whatever that means... but it is possible to use the printer using (I presume) the win 10 drivers.

    Don't listen to HP or MS telling you it is not possible, because it is. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-15T17:51:40+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-15T15:37:25+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments