Hello. I had this same problem when I got my new PC w/ Windows 11. My P1102w was purchased in 2014! After being on a Microsoft help line for an hour that failed miserably, I used HP Print & Scan doctor & followed the prompts. Eventually my printer was at least "installed," which was a big piece of the problem. It was listed as default printer. I printed a test page & it was gobbledegook. Back to HP Print & Scan doctor. I was unable to set up the printer using a USB and could not set it up network-hard-wired. Finally I chose wireless, went thru many prompts, & finally it worked & the test page was good.
Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver
Hello...
I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.
After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".
Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.
I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.
If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for your time.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-03-04T20:40:36+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-12-15T10:02:31+00:00 При установке драйвера выбрал от Р1569 вместо 1102 и все стало печатать.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-14T20:55:00+00:00 windows 11 is the problem, i reverted my computer to windows 10 and had no issues installing this printer. By the way my old reliable mf1522 printer could not be installed on windows 11 same issues. I just left windows 11 and removed it from my computer.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-02T12:50:48+00:00 Поставь драйвер от P1569 и все будет работать, сам мучился с родными драйверами, пока не подобрал этот. Версия драйвера: 10.0.19041.1
-
Anonymous
2023-10-02T08:39:17+00:00 Драйвер-то установить удалось, но возникла другая проблема. Тестовая страница печати распечатывается, но стоит отправить на печать любое другое задание, включая загрузку прошивки, как принтер уходит в перезагрузку, а задание висит в очереди бесконечно. При этом способ подключения принтера (по вайфаю или через USB-кабель) на проблему влияния не оказывает. Отдавал принтер в ремонт в СЦ, там проверили печать всевозможных типов документов – всё работает должным образом. Но проверяли из-под Windows 10. Получается, что это Windows 11 виновата? Так корёжит задание на печать, что у принтера съезжает крыша и он перезагружается?
I managed to install the driver, but another problem arose. The print test page is printed, but as soon as any other job, including firmware download, is sent to print, the printer goes into a reboot and the job hangs in the queue indefinitely. The way the printer is connected (via wifi or USB cable) has no effect on the problem. I took the printer to the repair center, they checked the printing of all kinds of documents - everything works properly. But it was tested under Windows 10. So it's Windows 11's fault? Is the print job so corrupted that the printer goes nuts and reboots?