Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver

Anonymous
2021-10-09T17:45:16+00:00

Hello...

I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.

After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".

Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.

I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.

If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-09T20:39:21+00:00

    Hi Soneghet, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

    You can download the latest driver of the printer here and see if that fixes the problem

    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservic...

    If still having issues, it is possible that the driver isn't compatible with Windows 11. Try reinstalling the driver in compatibility mode and see if that resolves it.

    1. Right-click on the driver > Properties
    2. Compatibility tab
    3. Check the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
    4. Choose a previous version of Windows
    5. Press OK then run the .exe for installation

    Paulo, if you speak portuguese, I do too.

    I have just tried it.

    I chose windows 7 and then 8 compatibility. The driver I am trying to install is windows 10 compliant though.

    Should I try to use windows 7 or 8 drivers instead?

    Thanks!

    Paulo, thanks.

    I don't know what exactly happened because I was trying lots of things at the same time.

    Suddenly the Printer showed in the printers list and it Worked.

    Thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-09T20:26:29+00:00

    Hi Soneghet, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

    You can download the latest driver of the printer here and see if that fixes the problem

    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservic...

    If still having issues, it is possible that the driver isn't compatible with Windows 11. Try reinstalling the driver in compatibility mode and see if that resolves it.

    1. Right-click on the driver > Properties
    2. Compatibility tab
    3. Check the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
    4. Choose a previous version of Windows
    5. Press OK then run the .exe for installation

    Paulo, if you speak portuguese, I do too.

    I have just tried it.

    I chose windows 7 and then 8 compatibility. The driver I am trying to install is windows 10 compliant though.

    Should I try to use windows 7 or 8 drivers instead?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-09T18:27:43+00:00

    Hi Soneghet, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

    You can download the latest driver of the printer here and see if that fixes the problem

    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservic...

    If still having issues, it is possible that the driver isn't compatible with Windows 11. Try reinstalling the driver in compatibility mode and see if that resolves it.

    1. Right-click on the driver > Properties
    2. Compatibility tab
    3. Check the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
    4. Choose a previous version of Windows
    5. Press OK then run the .exe for installation

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments