Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver

Anonymous
2021-10-09T17:45:16+00:00

Hello...

I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.

After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".

Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.

I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.

If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-14T23:45:54+00:00

    I had the same experience with my Laserjet P1102w. Downloaded the printer driver named hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157037_1.exe

    which was dated June 2021. Double-clicked on the .exe file and followed its instructions, My devices and printers found it, and I was immediately able to print out a page.

    It's pretty shameful that Microsoft's and HP's support teams are either too uninformed or just unwilling to tell customers how do do this. It was really no different from installing the printer when it was new.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-10T12:57:18+00:00

    My story with HP Laserjet P1102 and Windows 11 was concluded this way: I've realized that Windows doesn't consider my printer as a printer, but thinks instead that it works best as a flash drive, then after some tinkering (HP tools couldn't find the printer, drivers didn't work), I've found that with a printer connected via usb and swithced off it really works as a flash drive and contains an installation program. After installing it printer was able to print.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-04T15:05:02+00:00

    Good for you but your device a little different you've got the 1102w

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-15T17:51:40+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-15T15:37:25+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments